All Guests and Prospective Members are Welcome to Visit Anytime!
We meet each Tuesday morning from 8:45 until 10am at the Alameda Elks Lodge, 2255 Santa Clara. Park in the back and use the rear entrance to go downstairs. Each meeting consists of networking, a moment to introduce yourself and your business to the group, and a featured member speaker of the week who presents a deeper dive into their business and industry in order for the group as a whole to better understand and recognize potential referrals.
How can you join ABN?
ABN is always on the lookout for new members in business categories not already held by current members. If you’re interested in growing your business and becoming part of an innovative business group, join us for a Tuesday morning meeting. We ask that you attend two meetings before applying for membership in order to determine if we are the right fit for you, and vice versa. To provide maximum benefit for everyone, prospective members should consider what they can contribute to ABN’s success as well as how they can benefit from ABN membership.
After attending two meetings, if you are interested in being considered for membership, complete the online application and do not attend the meeting the next week so we can process your application. You will be contacted by the membership chair following the meeting to advise you of your application acceptance or denial.
How does ABN work?
ABN membership is category exclusive. Existing members have first right to reject a competitor business for membership. However, in most industries we find there are plenty of specialties to allow for multiple members with similar businesses. Each ABN-approved member business becomes that business category expert. ABN members promote other ABN member services to their circle of customers, clients and contacts in exchange for reciprocal promotion when appropriate.
Desirable ABN Candidate Traits
The best candidates for ABN membership display…
- A sense of professionalism and a demonstrated commitment to service quality
- A zest for continuous improvement as a business professional
- An interest in exchanging and brainstorming business ideas with others
- A strong desire to contribute to ABN’s overall success
To become an ABN member, you must meet certain requirements.
- Be sponsored by a current ABN member in good standing. If a candidate does not have a sponsor, the ABN president can assign one
- Attend two meetings before submitting an application
- Review the Operating Guidelines and discuss them with your sponsor
- Complete an application, sign a copy of the Operating Guidelines, and submit a check for annual dues
- Receive approval by an affirmative vote of a majority of ABN board members
To learn if your business category is open or to obtain information on attending an ABN meeting, contact us.
ABN Membership Fee
Annual membership dues are currently $150.00 per year + the purchase of at least 4-5 tickets to our annual fundraiser (estimated cost $100-125 additional).* ABN offers excellent value for the price of membership.
Ready to join?
Complete the membership application to get started.
*Annual dues is subject to change by ABN membership vote.